There are many ways to support Georgia Military College. Gifts may be unrestricted in use, or you may designate your gift to a particular program or purpose. However you choose to support GMC, you will be embarking on a partnership with an institution that, through development of both the intellect and the character of its students, impacts lives in positive and lasting ways. There are almost as many ways of giving as there are programs, projects and priorities of the College that need your support.
Endowed Gift Opportunities
A gift for endowment demonstrates farsighted commitment to Georgia Military College. Endowments are permanent funds, maintained in perpetuity by the GMC Foundation, from which only a portion of the annual investment return is used for the purpose intended by the donor. The rest of the investment yield is returned to the principal. Thus, over the years, the fund can grow with the goal of keeping pace with inflation. Such endowments, which typically bear the name of the donor or donors, reflect your interests and serve as an enduring testament to your generosity.
Additional gifts may be made to the fund to increase the principal and thereby increase the annual investment income. Endowments represent rewarding gift opportunities because they offer the donor the satisfaction of knowing that his or her gift will continue working for future generations.
- An endowed fund may be established with a contribution in the form of cash, appreciated securities or other charitable gifts, such as a bequest.
- It may be established with either a single gift of $25,000 or a gift of at least $5,000 and a pledge of the remaining $20,000 over a period of up to five years.
- The fund is invested by the GMC Foundation, which serves as a steward of the endowed funds. The Foundation is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization. Contributions are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
- An endowed gift offers the opportunity for donors to have their names, or the name of a loved one, linked to an area in which they have a special interest, creating a legacy for years to come.
- A named endowment can provide an opportunity for an academic department or an athletic program to grow and excel.
- A named endowment can provide a scholarship to aid deserving students year after year.
As a donor who has established an endowment, you will receive an annual report from the GMC Foundation on the financial status of the fund, including earnings and distributions.
If you choose to, you may designate your financial assistance to any of several initiatives undertaken by the Foundation through partnering with the school’s leadership to identify special priorities for giving. When you do not restrict the use of your gift, you allow flexibility in meeting needs. These funds are managed prudently and applied where they will be most beneficial to meet a variety of current needs.
Programs and Services
Gifts may be designated to any of the wide variety of programs and services offered by Georgia Military College. Perhaps there is a particular area, such as library enrichment, technology, athletics, or an academic department in which you have an interest. Such gifts will be applied in their entirety to the area of your designation.
Oak Leaf Society
The Oak Leaf Society recognizes alumni and friends who have included the GMC Foundation in their estate plans. Their gifts for the College’s future are made through wills, trusts and charitable gift annuities, or by naming the GMC Foundation as the beneficiary of life insurance policies, retirement fund accounts, or other financial instruments.
The generosity of these legacy donors ensures that the mission of Georgia Military College will continue to be fulfilled for years to come. Members of the Oak Leaf Society, who have solidified their gift, are invited to be special guests at the President’s Gala, hosted annually by the President of Georgia Military College.