I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information. They said they were working on a directory for Georgia Military College. Is this a legitimate project, or is it a scam?
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new alumni directory. PCI is a company located in Dallas, TX that publishes directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation. This project allows Georgia Military College to receive important updates to our database so we know more about our alumni and how we can better serve you and future alumni.
Does Georgia Military College benefit from this at all?
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information – Allows us to effectively communicate with and engage alumni
- Legacy – Preserves the history of our school
- Pride – Wearing apparel shows support and love for our school
How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
Georgia Military College has a contractual agreement with PCI that states:
- The names, addresses and information provided to PCI by Georgia Military College for the publication of the Directory will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Directory and except as required by court order or law.
- The Directory will be made available only to alumni of Georgia Military College. Upon completion of the project, PCI will return to Georgia Military College any and all electronic files that have been supplied by Georgia Military College or produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Directory.
I would like to verify and update my information. How may I do this?
If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Georgia Military College project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed. One of the PCI contact numbers for Georgia Military College alumni is 855-376-6283.
If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information. If you have questions, you may call PCI’s customer service desk at 1-800-982-1590.
Can anyone purchase a directory?
The Georgia Military College Alumni Directory is available for sale only to Georgia Military College alumni.
When will I receive my directory?
The total duration of the directory project is about 12 months. Since we began the project in February 2020, the directories will be distributed in February/March 2021.
Can I choose some or all of my information not to be printed in the directory?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative what information you prefer to have excluded. You may also communicate this information to the PCI customer service desk at 1-800-982-1590 or to the School directly.
I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Call the PCI customer service help desk at 1-800-982-1590 and they will take care of this for you.