We know that recent events in our country are shifting our current ways of life temporarily, but we remind ourselves that the GMC community is united in heart and mind with the ideals our institution has held so dear for 140 years.
Today we find ourselves with a mission to put “Character Above All” and “Duty, Honor, Country” to work.
May we stand together in a spirit of service and have the courage to stand strong when action is required for the benefit of our families, local communities, and nation. Action for the greater good will look different these days – staying home, caring for those in need, and of course, washing our hands – but these actions will all make a difference in helping us triumph over the challenges before us.
As we continue to monitor the developments of COVID-19, we have decided to postpone or cancel the following Georgia Military College events for the benefit of our community:
• Performances of the elementary school musical, The Jungle Book, scheduled for March 19th and March 20th have been canceled, with the possibility of being rescheduled.
• The Academic Honors Parade scheduled for March 20th has been postponed and will be rescheduled.
• Breakfast with Business Leaders on GMC-Milledgeville’s campus scheduled for March 20th has been canceled.
• GMC Prep School’s art exhibit opening event at Allied Arts for March 22nd has been canceled, but the exhibit will be open March 23rd through April 4th.
• The Grand Tattoo, scheduled for April 17th has been canceled.
• The April 18th GMC Performing Arts Concert Series featuring The Raleigh Ringers has been postponed and will be rescheduled.
• Performances of the high school musical, Thoroughly Modern Millie, scheduled for April 23rd-25th have been canceled, with the possibility of being rescheduled.
• All Foundation meetings, including the semi-annual meeting scheduled for April 24th, have been suspended at this time.
• The NJCAA is following the lead of the NCAA and has canceled all remaining competition for the year.
For a full list of all postponements and cancellations and up to date information regarding GMC’s Coronavirus response, please visit this link.
Do your part to slow the spread of Coronavirus. Please click the image below to read The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines For America created by the CDC and the President of the United States.